Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 5 Skagway, AK-Hiking

While on the train, we noticed a hiking trail. We still had several hours before the ship left, so we decided to go hiking. We went on the lower/upper lake trail.

Gabe and Clay went back to the trail head to check on the mileage,

so I took a picture of the cool Pierce.

It was a steep walk up to the lake but it was worth it.
We took the trail that went all the way around the lake.

I saw a family of strange moose.

I loved this section of the trail.
It was very different all the way around.

My boys are so handsome.

Waterfalls everywhere.

We continued hiking. The views were amazing.

Taking a break.

Sitting on the same rock as above and the view, WOW!

The trail looked really cool.
More beautiful views.

I love columbine and waterfalls.

Iris, lake, mountains...

wildflowers

wild children

Almost back.

I saw this mushroom on the way up and had to have a picture.
Got it on the way back.
As we got back to the trail head, the train was coming through.


Heading back to the ship.
Man, we had some views all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment